1. Grocery shopping is something that needs to be done on a regular basis. At least once a week if not more. I visit the grocery store 2-3 times a week plus having fresh produce is always the best option.
2. Consistently having healthy snacks will help bridge the gap. Often times we get hungry and are too lazy to prepare something right on the spot. That's why having prepared snacks will help keep you on track.
3. Create a list! This is something that can be considered tedious but pays off in the long run. I have a list of all my favorite fruits, veggies, breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snack ideas. It's a list that I can resort too for when I need to switch things up. There are plenty of times when I prepare a dish and no longer feel like eating any more servings. Typically because I've been making it too often. I go back to the drawing board with my list! Creating your own personal list takes time and a ton of trips to the grocery. You have to write it ALL out for it to be successful. Ex. Snacks: Chocolate covered strawberries, Chocolate covered cherries, Chocolate covered pineapple chunks, & so on...
4. How many fruits and veggies are you consuming PER meal? Try half. Every time you consume food, notice the portions of your fruits and veggies. Try and see if half of your consumption can be either fruits or vegetables.
5. Find a friend! Having someone there with you to prepare meals is half the battle. You can hold each other accountable. It feels good when someone cares just as much as you do.
All selections and opinions in this post are my own.
I'm training for another half marathon and my hip flexors have been so tight. They're usually a little tighter anytime I'm training for a race. I've been stretching them out which is helping and I figured I'd share some of these stretches with you guys. These stretches are also benefiting my performance with other workouts which is always a plus!
SHOP THIS LOOK
All selections and opinions in this post are my own. Special thanks to Amari Active for helping sponsor this post.