This workout is for all the times you visit a hotel gym and it only has a treadmill. If you're lucky, they may have an elliptical or a free weights rack!
Start with the treadmill OFF.
1. Stepping onto the treadmill face the display screen. Holding on to the sides of the treadmill, use your own two legs to power the belt. Working up to a full sprint for 1 minute.
2. Facing away from the display screen, come down to a plank. Squeeze your core as you lift your seat into a pike plank and then back down to that straight line plank. 10 reps.
3. Standing profile to the treadmill, place one foot on the tread while keeping your other foot on the floor. Try staying parallel as you power the treadmill away and then back towards you using your inner and outer thigh. 5 reps each side.
4. Plank Walks. Facing the display screen, come down to a plank. Keep your hands on the tread and your feet on the floor. Using your core and your shoulders, power up the belt. Moving the belt away from you for 1 minute.
Time to turn the treadmill on!
5. Side Shuffles. It's easier when you start by facing the display screen. Once you've set your incline and you feel comfortable with a specific pace, slowly turn profile and begin to side shuffle. 30 seconds each side.
6. Walking Alternating Lunges. You can set your incline back to 0 and stick with a slow speed. It may help to start close to the display screen.
7. Plank Walks. This time the treadmill is on and the belt is moving towards you. 1 minute.
8. Starting at a slow speed, face away from the display screen. Come down to a low squat position and begin to walk backwards. 30 seconds x 3.
9. Backwards Run. Bring that incline up and turn that speed up to a 3 or 4 for 1 minute.
10. Moving Side Squats. Standing profile, keep your speed low as you side squat. This is completely different from a side shuffle. You're squatting as low as you can while moving sideways. 30 seconds each side.
11. Sprint. Turn that speed and that incline up and sprint it out for 1 minute.
SHOP THIS LOOK